Ginger – 1 cup (250 gm)
White raisins – ¼ cup
Yeast – ¾ tsp
Water – ½ cup
Sugar – 3/4 to 1 kg
Cinnamon stick – 2
Cloves – 4
Water – 3 litres
- Using a spoon, peel ginger. Cut ginger into small pieces. In a mixer jar, add ginger. Crush ginger lightly.
- In a pan, add 1 litre water and crushed ginger. Allow it to boil. When mixture comes to a boil, mix well. Reduce the flame to low. Cook for 10-15 minutes. After 15 minutes, switch off the stove. Let it cool down.
- In a glass, add yeast and warm water. Allow it to rise.
- In a glass jar, add cooled down mixture, raisins, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and risen yeast. Add 2 litres of water. Close the lid. Tie a cloth on top of the lid.
- Next day, open the lid. Using a wooden or steel spoon, stir well. Close the jar. Tie a cloth on top of the lid.
- Continue the process of opening the jar, stirring, closing the jar, and tying a cloth for 21 days.
- On 22nd day, open the jar. Pass the ingredients through a strainer. Discard the remaining ginger and raisins. Transfer wine to bottles. Bottle must be washed and dried beforehand. Fill bottle up to 3/4th only.
Ginger wine is ready.