Kadala roast or kala chana stir fry is a dry preparation.
The combination of Indian masala along with garlic makes it delicious.
Kanji and Kadala is a comfort food for many Keralites.
- 1 cup Kadala / Kala Chana
- 1 Onion
- 10 Shallots / Kunjulli
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- Curry leaves
- Soak kala chana overnight.
- Pressure cook chana with salt and enough water till 10 whistles on medium flame.
- Set cooked chana aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, shallots, and garlic. Sauté for a minute.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala powder. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked chana along with water.
- Once gravy is reduced, kala chana fry is ready to be served.