Kozhi Mulakittathu is a traditional Malabar dish. This curry goes well with ghee, rice, pathiri, porotta, idiyappam, etc.
Chicken, cut into pieces – 1 kg
Coconut oil – as needed
Onion – 2 big
Garlic paste – 2 tsp
Ginger paste – 2 tsp
Green chillies, chopped – 3
Tomatoes, chopped – 2 big
Salt – as required
Coriander powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri chilli powder – 3 1/2 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Clean and cut chicken into pieces.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Saute onion, garlic paste, ginger paste, green chillies, curry leaves, and salt.
- When onion turns brown in color, add Kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, and garam masala powder. Stir well.
- Add tomato. When tomato becomes mushy, add chicken. Mix well.
- Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, open the lid and add required amount of water.
- Now close the lid and cook till it is done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and curry leaves.