Rice flour dumplings with meat and sprouts is a healthy steamed snack. It a perfect balance of carb and proteins. You can use minced beef, chicken, or mutton.
Let’s see how to make kozhukatta with savory filling.
- 1 cup meat, cooked
- 1 large onion
- 2 chillies, chopped
- 1 inch ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ cup moong sprouts
- Coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup fine rice powder
- 2 cups hot water
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté onion, chillies, ginger, turmeric powder, and pepper powder.
- Add garam masala powder. Saute for a minute.
- Add minced meat and salt. Mix well.
- Add moong sprouts and coriander leaves. Switch off the flame.
- In a bowl, mix rice powder and salt.
- Add hot water and combine with a spoon to make a smooth dough like idiyappam dough.
- Make balls out of the dough.
- Flatten with your finger, stuff with minced meat mixture.
- Roll into balls as in kozhukatta.
Place them in a steamer and steam for about 15 minutes.
8 thoughts on “Rice flour dumplings – Meat filling”
How delicious and interesting! I really love the rice wrapper.
Lovely recipe, looks so good!
healthy and tasty recipe
tasty .. yum..
Innovative!! healthy too…
wow….very creative 🙂 Love the sprouts in any form 🙂
unique and healthy one !!
looks so yummy..healthy and super dumplings