Superfood Moringa leaf is the main star ingredient of curry. This is a semi thick gravy preparation using toor dal as the base.
Tempering is added to dal curry to enhance its flavor.
- ¾ cup toor dal
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 big onion
- 1-inch ginger, chopped
- 8 garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup drumstick leaves
- Oil – 1 tbs
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp shallots
- 2 dry red chillies
- Pressure cook toor dal, salt, turmeric powder with enough water. Set cooked dal aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté onion, ginger, and garlic.
- When onion turns light brown in color, add chilli powder and tomato. Sauté well until the oil starts to float on the surface.
- Now add cooked dal and drumstick leaves. Cook this on low flame. When drumstick leaves are cooked, switch off the stove.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add shallots and dried red chillies.
- When the shallots are light brown in color, switch off the stove and pour over the curry.
Serve hot with rice or chapatis.