If you are looking for a healthy fish to include in your diet, sardine may be a good option. This little fish can add wonders to your health because of its high protein and vitamin content not to forget the high omega fatty acids.
Sardines – 1 kg (8 big)
Tomato – 2 medium
Onion, chopped – 1 medium
Green chilli, slit – 2
Garlic, chopped – 10 pods
Ginger, chopped – 1 piece
Kashmiri Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – as needed
Water – 1 cup
Curry leaves – as needed
1. Clean fish and spread it in pressure cooker.
2. Add onion, green chillies, garlic, ginger, curry leaves, and tomato.
3. Add Kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, vinegar, and coconut oil.
4. Add water. Switch on the stove and cook.
5. When curry starts to boil, close the lid of pressure cooker. Cook till one whistle.
6. After one whistle, lower the flame. Cook for 5-6 minutes. 7. Switch off the stove. Wait till the pressure is released.
8. When pressure is released, open the pressure cooker.
9. If you find the gravy to be runny, cook for some more time so that gravy thickens. Add curry leaves and oil (optional).
Serve hot with rice.