This healthy and easy wheat flatbread is made with few ingredients. Do try it for your breakfast and dinner.
- Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Onion, chopped – 1/2 cup
- Green chillies, chopped – 2
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves, chopped – 3 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Ghee / Oil – as needed
- Into a bowl, add onion, coconut, curry leaves, and salt. Add little water and mix the ingredients using your hands.
- Add green chillies and wheat flour to make a loose dough (slightly thinner than chapathi dough, but not like dosa batter) by adding water.
- Heat tawa and smear some ghee or oil. Take some dough in your hands and press on to the tawa and shape them. Drizzle oil on the sides.
- Cook on both sides. The edges will become crispier and inside will be cooked.
- Serve hot with curry, chutney or pickle of your choice.
If you are not sure of the consistency of the dough, check video of Wheat Orotti.