Raw banana/Ethakka, big – 2 Nos.
Big prawns – 1/4 cup
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Onion, sliced – 1 No.
Green chillies, slit – 4 Nos.
Shallots/Pearl onion – 6 Nos.
Fennel powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Water – 1 cup
Salt to taste
Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
Tamarind – Optional
1. Peel raw bananas and cut it into pieces. In a bowl of water, add turmeric powder and salt. Place raw bananas in this and wash them.
2. Grind grated coconut in a blender. You should get the consistency of a coarse coconut paste.
3. In a pan, add raw bananas, prawns, onion, green chillies, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to a cup of water. Cook them.
4. When raw bananas are half cooked, add ground coconut paste, fennel powder, and tamarind water (optional). Lower the flame. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. When the gravy thickens, add coconut oil and curry leaves. Close the lid. Switch off the stove.
Note:- If you like mild sour taste, add tamarind water, tomatoes or yogurt in Step 4.
More Raw banana recipes:
Raw banana curry
Raw banana and string beans stir fry
12 thoughts on “Konju Pachakaya Aviyal/Raw Banana and Prawns Aviyal/Pachakaya Chemeen Aviyal”
this curry is very new to me..anything with chemmeen is delicious…this looks really tempting
very new combo.. tempting presentation..
We make similar curry.. Looks super tempting
Made my own version before and here's to another inviting one which will be tried out soon.
Thats so tempting Beena..
love the whole platter
tempting avial…looks delicious!
Wooow 1st time see this kind of non veg aviyal.
New recipe and tempting one