A simple delicious pineapple pudding made by adding milk, pineapple and china grass (agar agar). Pineapple pudding turns silky smooth with the use of china grass.
China grass acts as a jelling agent binding the pudding together.
It is a perfect recipe for parties. Kids will love this dessert.
- Ripe pineapple, cut into small pieces – 1 no (small)
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Milkmaid – 1 tin
- Milk – 750 ml
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- China grass / agar agar – 8 gm
- Water – ½ cup
How to make pineapple pudding with china grass
- In a pan, cook pineapple with 1 tbsp sugar. Cook till water dries up. Set aside.
- Soak china grass in ½ cup water for 10 minutes.
- In a pan, boil milk and milkmaid. Set aside.
- In a pan, cook china grass with water in which it is soaked. Stir constantly so they melt.
- Pour china grass to milk-milkmaid mixture. Add vanilla essence.
- Now mixture is ready to be poured.
- In a pudding bowl, spread pineapple pieces on the bottom and sides. Pour the mixture on top of pineapple pieces.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours. When pudding is set, decorate and serve.
A pineapple lover here, try homemade wine during festive season:
Pineapple Peel Wine